Articulate, broodingly charismatic frontman Morrissey and supple guitarist Johnny Marr made the Smiths one of the most significant English bands of the '80s. (Rolling Stone)


Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Smiths: Reel Around the Fountain

The SmithsAlbum: The Smiths (1984)
Produced by John Porter
Length: 45:36
Label: Rough Trade

Track 1: Reel Around the Fountain
Words by Morrissey
Music by Johnny Marr

Video: The Smiths - Reel Around the Fountain


Lyrics: The Smiths - Reel Around the Fountain

It's time the tale was told
of how you took a child
and you made him old
Reel around the fountain
slap me on the patio
I'll take it now
Fifteen minutes with you
well, I wouldn't say no
people said that you were virtually dead
and they were so wrong
fifteen minutes with you
well, i wouldn't say no
people said that you were easily led
and they were half-right
I dreamt about you last night
and i fell out of bed twice
you can pin and mount me like a butterfly
but take me to the haven of your bed
was something that you never said
two lumps, please
you're the bee's knees
but so am I
Meet me at the fountain
shove me on the patio
I'll take it slowly
Fifteen minutes with you
oh I wouldn't say no
people see no worth in you
oh but I do

Source: www.lyricsfreak.com