Articulate, broodingly charismatic frontman Morrissey and supple guitarist Johnny Marr made the Smiths one of the most significant English bands of the '80s. (Rolling Stone)


Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Smiths: Never Had No One Ever

The Smiths: The Queen Is DeadAlbum: The Queen Is Dead (1986)
Produced by Morrissey and Johnny Marr
Label: Rough Trade Records

Track 4: Never Had No One Ever
Words by Morrissey
Music by Johnny Marr


Video: The Smiths - Never Had No One Ever


Lyrics: The Smiths - Never Had No One Ever

When you walk without ease
on these
the very streets where you were raised
I had a really bad dream
it lasted 20 years, 7 months, and 27 days
Never had no one ever

Source: The Queen Is Dead (record)

Lyrics: The Smiths - Never Had No One Ever

When you walk without ease
On these
Streets where you were raised
I had a really bad dream
It lasted 20 years, 7 months, and 27 days
I never, I'm alone, and I
Never, ever oh ... had no one ever

Now I'm outside your house
I'm alone
And I'm outside your house
I hate to intrude ...
Oh, Alone, I'm Alone, I'm Alone, I'm Alone
I'm Alone
I'm Alone
And I never, never ... oh ... had no one ever
I never had no one ever
I never had no, no one ever
Had no one never
Never ... no ...
Oh ...

Source: www.sing365.com